Image by Sidekix Media

Landlord insurance 

Great Service. Low Prices. Best Cover.

Get a quote

Thanks for submitting! One of our friendly brokers will be in touch with you soon.

What is landlord insurance?

Landlord insurance is exactly like home insurance, but for your rental property. It can cover you in the event of a natural disaster such as a storm, flood, cyclone or fire.

Landlord Insurance can also offer you protection from any tenant damage and even loss of rental income.

We can offer you protection for commercial properties and private properties, and unlike many other insurers, we offer coverage for holiday and long-term rental properties too.

Do I need landlord insurance?

Landlord Insurance

If you own a property (residential or commercial) and you’re thinking about letting it our or already have tenants in your property, you should absolutely be seeking a Landlord Insurance policy to suit your needs.


If you do not get Landlord Insurance, you could lose out big in the event that your property is damaged or destroyed.

What does landlord insurance cover?

Typically most Landlord Insurance policies will cover you in the event that your tenant causes damage (accidental or malicious), theft and if they vacate your property without paying rent. Every insurer offers different base policies, so be fooled by suspiciously cheap policies, be sure to check that the coverage you want is offered by your insurer.

Not to toot our own horns, but this is where going through a broker can be really beneficial.
We have access to over 170 different insurers who all offer different levels of cover with inclusions/exclusions at different prices.

If you have an existing policy and want to see how much you can save, or if you just want to have a good shop around to compare, give one of our friendly team members a call on 1300 815 344.

What are some inclusions/

exclusions I can get on my landlord insurance policy?

Beyond the essential inclusions, there are plenty of inclusions and exclusions you can apply to your policy.

Just be sure to let your provider know what you’re looking for and they’ll be able to tell you what they can and can’t do, and for what price.

Image by NeONBRAND

Inclusions/exclusions include: 

  • Locks being changed after a claim on rental loss

  • Damage caused by a tenant’s pet

  • Removal of a tenant’s goods after a claim on rental loss

  • Public liability cover for injury to someone visiting your
    investment property


  • Rent loss due to an insured event, such as a tenant defaulting on their rental payments the death of a sole tenant or the eviction of a tenant by court order

  • Re-letting expenses after a claim on rental loss

  • The limit on the weekly rent that you may receive after a claim on rental loss

  • Legal costs – This can be for expenses such as representation fees, related to a tenant eviction by court order or a claim for rental loss

  • Cover for professional tax audit fees